The Ultimate Guide to Non Sleazy Networking
Find out how to make the connections you need for your tech career -- and *still* stay true to you!
Like any field, the tech industry is all about who you know, but putting yourself out there and meeting people is one of the most daunting things to do as a professional. It’s even harder if you’re new to tech and don’t know anyone.
Need help branching out, meeting people, and leveraging your connections to land a job in the tech industry? You’ve come to the right place. This guide will show you everything you need to know about becoming a networking pro in the tech industry and using that savvy to land a job!
In this guide, you’ll get:
- Tried and true tips for overcoming paralyzing networking jitters
- 4 foolproof networking dos and don’ts
- A complete plan of action for conquering networking events
- 3 done-for-you email templates for following up with new connections
- EXACTLY how to leverage social and other online networks in your favor
- A roadmap to one-on-one networking that makes everyone happy, plus tips for keeping communication open for the long haul
- The definitive list of how to (and NOT to) cash in on your connections
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. She also serves in editorial capacities at The Muse, HelloFlo, and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.